On 20th July 1858, a meeting was called at The Corn Exchange Hall, Tenbury. With Sir W. Smith Bart in the Chair, it was resolved:
“That it is expedient that a Society should be formed forthwith to be called the “The Tenbury Agricultural Society”.
It is this society, that still organises and runs Tenbury show today; bolstered by the support of over 150 local volunteers who come together every summer to make it all happen. In this, its 163rd year, Tenbury Agricultural Society, like our show, is still going strong.